Super Bowl 46 Ad Review
Here are my reviews of the ads shown on Super Bowl 46. This is a 5-star rating system that I use on my Twitter feed to quickly review the ads after I have viewed them in real time. The '5' stars category is ranked, while the remaining categories are listed in reverse-viewing order (1Q ads are at the bottom of the list.)
5 Stars: Unforgettable/Distinguishes Brand
- Chrysler “Detroit” Another great ad & Eastwood delivers!
- Chevy Silverado "Apocalypse" fantastic!
- Chevy Sonic "Stunts" brilliant! Aims & delivers to target audience
- Doritos "Missing Cat" Brilliant!
4 Stars: Unexpected/Strengthens Brand
- KIA Optima. Dreams do come true.
- Bud Light " Weego". Glad to see Bud Light remembers it's comedy roots.
- Hyundai "Heart Starting". Clever.
- GE Works bringing Appliance Park back to life with pride!
- Dannon "Head butt" one for the wives.
- Fiat 500 "First time" laugh out loud great
- Hulu "Plus" connects with Millennials, with tongue- in-cheek.
- Camry "Stories" connecting to past owners - nice touch.
- Doritos "Taunt" great idea and great execution (love the thumbs up).
- Sketchers "Mr. Quigly" humorous and stays funny to the end
- Teleflora "Valentines day" got my attention
- Chevy "Graduation gift" every guy's wish
- BestBuy mobile phones, great use of app creators
- Audi “Daylight” knows it's audience
3 Stars: Memorable/Builds Brand
- Samsung. "Believe". IPhone smackdown
- Cadillac. ATS. Proof is in the performance.
- CareerBuilder. The monkeys keep the message on target.
- MetLife. Remembering you favorite cartoon
- NFL Evolution. Love the progression thru history.
- Century 21 gets a nice boost
- Coke "Bears #3" nice tie into the game
- H&M "Beckham" memorable
- GE "Turbine" this ad helped Budweiser, I hope they shared the cost!
- Coke "Bears #1" - consistent, not breakthru
- Hyundai "Rocky" - plays on team theme
2 Stars: Expected/Confirms Brand
- Honda "Bueller" which car model? (The pre-event promo was needed)
- Budweiser "Making history" trying to connect with a new generation.
- Acura NSX funny, but what did the car look like?
- The Voice - Betty White saves another meaningless promo...
- Coke "Bears # 2" , juggling – meh…
- VW "Motivated dog"/"Cantina" not sure if the back to back was as effective - which car was featured?
- Budweiser "Prohibition" love the horses, but are the reliving their heyday?
- M&Ms “Naked” meh
- Hyundai "Cheetah" nice idea, but lost focus on product
- Pepsi "No Pepsi for you" - funny but not impacting
1 Star: Derivative/ Lessens Brand
- GoDaddy "Cloud".
- American Family Insurance. They would be lost without the theme song.
- Chase "Kicker" why do I remember the line, but forget the product?
- Bridgestone "Kasketball" and this is for???
- Pepsi MAX. Seems like @Coke Zero had more exposure
- eTrade. What were the promoting??
- Lexus GS – Big build up, but for what?
- Bridgestone "Troy/Deion" what is the product??
- Bud Light “Platinum” - how do I benefit?
0 Stars: Embarrassment/ Disgraces Brand
- cars.com - creepy
- TaxACT - I’ve got nothing to say…
- GoDaddy ".co" - consistently bad from year to year
Labels: #adbowl, ads, super bowl